Updated: April 1, 2022
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.here are different types of cookies, and they support a range of business needs. Most web pages contain elements from multiple web domains so when you visit cheetahdigital.com, your browser may receive cookies from several sources. This includes third parties that we have hired to provide services on our behalf, such as site analytics or sales intelligence.
Cookies are commonly grouped into the following general categories:
- First party cookies are cookies that are placed by Cheetah Digital when you visit our website.
- Third party cookies are placed by a someone other than Cheetah Digital. Please note that we do not control the collection or further use of data by third parties.
- Session cookies are temporary cookies that are erased once you close your browser while persistent or permanent cookies stay on your device until you manually delete them or until your browser deletes them based on the duration period specified in the persistent cookie file.
- Essential technical cookies are necessary to allow the technical operation of our website, to ensure the security of our website and login portals, and to store your consent choices.
- Performance measurement cookies collect data on the performance of our website such as the number of visitors, the time spent on the website and error messages.
- Functionality cookies increase the usability of our website, such as by remembering you as a registered user and your choices regarding display language, timezone and so on.
- Marketing cookies enable us to promote our brand and products, and to engage in personalized marketing and advertising.
What are related tracking technologies?
- Tracking URLs, also known as “tracking links”, are commonly used to track the performance of marketing and advertising campaigns across websites and engagement channels. For example, if an individual clicks-through a link in an email message, they would be redirected through a Cheetah-specific link to the website content designated from the email. During this website redirection process, Cheetah will attempt to deliver a campaign measurement cookie to the email recipient’s browser.
- Pixels, also known as “tags”, “web beacons” or “clear GIFs”, are pieces of code or small electronic images (1×1), that are ordinarily not visible to website visitors and email recipients and may be associated with cookies on the visitors’ browser or device. Pixel tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, to provide online advertising, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns.
- Mobile device identifiers, also known as a universally unique ID or “UUID” are strings of characters that are incorporated into a device by its manufacturer and can be used to uniquely identify that device (for example an Advertising ID assigned to a tablet running the Android operating system). Different device identifiers vary in how permanent they are, whether they can be reset by users, and how they can be accessed. A given device may have several different unique device identifiers. Unique device identifiers can be used for various purposes, including security and fraud detection, syncing services such as a user’s email inbox, remembering the user’s preferences and providing relevant advertising.
- Local storage enables websites to store and retrieve data in a browser on a device. When used in “local storage” mode, the browser or device enables data to be stored across sessions (for example, so that the data are retrievable even after the browser has been closed and reopened). One technology that facilitates web storage is HTML 5.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms.
You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
|OneTrust Consent ManagementOneTrust provides us with a cookie law compliance and consent management platform.||OptanonConsent (364 Days)OptanonAlertBoxClosed (364 Days)|
|Imperva SecurityImperva Incapsula helps us protect our websites with its enterprise-grade Web Application Firewall software and security related analytics.||incap_ses_* (Session)visid_incap_XXXXXX (364 Days)nlbi_XXXXXXX (Session)|
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site.
All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
|Google AnalyticsWe use Google Analytics to monitor the performance of our website, which includes measuring traffic to our site, lead conversions, page load time, server response time, average content download time, and so forth.||_gat_UA- (< 1 Days)_gid (< 1 Days)_gclxxxx (89 Days)_ga (729 Days)|
|Pardot B2BPardot provides us B2B sales and marketing teams with CRM integration, email marketing, lead nurturing, lead scoring, and ROI reporting tools.||visitor_id##### (3649 Days)visitor_id (3649 Days)pardot (Session)lpv427422 (< 1 Days)|
|New Relic AnalyticsWe use this platform for monitoring the performance of our web and mobile applications.||JSESSIONID (Session)|
|Wingfly Visual Web OptimizerWe use VWO for A/B page and content testing.||_vwo_uuid_v2 (365 Days)_vis_opt_s (99 Days)_vis_opt_test_cookie (Session)_vwo_sn (2913983 Days)|
|Typeform Form BuilderWe use Typeform’s online form and survey creation tools.||__tld__ (Session)|
|Hotjar InsightsHotjar helps us to track customer journeys on our website. The data obtained from Hotjar can be used to improve the onsite experiences and engagements of our customers on our website. When we use the Hotjar script on our website, Hotjar cookies are responsible for displaying the correct content to you users without personally identifying you.||_hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress (< 1 Days)_hjIncludedInPageviewSample (< 1 Days)_hjFirstSeen (< 1 Days)_hjTLDTest (Session)_hjid (364 Days)|
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages.
If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
|Google AnalyticsWe use Google Analytics to monitor the performance of our website, which includes measuring traffic to our site, the performance of our promotional efforts, page load time, server response time, average content download time, and so forth.||___utmvxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (< 1 Days)|
|Hotjar InsightsHotjar helps us to track customer journeys on our website and improve website experiences and engagement. When we use the Hotjar script on our website, Hotjar cookies are responsible for displaying the correct content to users without personally identifying them.||ajs_anonymous_id (364 Days)|
These cookies may be set through our site by our B2B marketing and advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to improve our understanding of our sales leads and the relevance of our promotional activities. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser or device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted marketing or advertising.
|Pardot B2BPardot provides us B2B sales and marketing teams with CRM integration, email marketing, lead nurturing, lead scoring, and ROI reporting tools.||pardot (Session)visitor_id##### (3649 Days)|
|Bing SearchWe use Microsoft’s search and keyword advertising services to promote our brand and enterprise products and services.||MUID (389 Days)_uetsid (< 1 Days)|
|Google DoubleClickWe use Google’s search and keyword advertising services to promote our brand and enterprise products and services.||visitor_id (3649 Days)|
|crwdcntrl.net||_cc_id (269 Days)_cc_cc (Session)_cc_dc (269 Days)_cc_aud (269 Days)|
|demdex.net||demdex (179 Days)|
|krxd.net||_kuid_ (179 Days)|
|1rx.io||_rxuuid (364 Days)|
|spotxchange.com||audience (365 Days)|
|adswizz.com||OAID (29 Days)|
|openx.net||i (364 Days)|
|yahoo.com||A3 (365 Days)B (365 Days)APID (79 Days)APIDTS (< 1 Days)|
|taboola.com||t_gid (364 Days)|
|pubmatic.com||KRTBCOOKIE_xxxx (179 Days)PUBMDCID (89 Days)PugT (29 Days)|
|bidr.io||bito (394 Days)checkForPermission (< 1 Days)bitoIsSecure (394 Days)|
|i.liadm.com||_li_ss (29 Days)|
|agkn.com||u (364 Days)ab (364 Days)|
|ShareThrough||stx_user_id (364 Days)|
|pro-market.net||anProfile (179 Days)|
|adnxs.com||uuid2 (89 Days)anj (89 Days)|
|casalemedia.com||CMID (364 Days)CMPS (89 Days)|
|analytics.yahoo.com||IDSYNC (365 Days)|
|postrelease.com||opt_out (364 Days)|
|smartadserver.com||csync (394 Days)TestIfCookieP (394 Days)pid (394 Days)|
|advertising.com||APID (365 Days)|
|ads.stickyadstv.com||sessionId (Session)uid-bp-xxxxx (59 Days)UID (29 Days)|
|3lift.com||tluid (89 Days)|
|tapad.com||TapAd_3WAY_SYNCS (59 Days)TapAd_TS (59 Days)TapAd_DID (59 Days)|
|sitescout.com||_ssuma (29 Days)ssi (364 Days)|
|lijit.com||ljt_reader (364 Days)|
|dpm.demdex.net||dpm (179 Days)|
Social Media Cookies
These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit.
If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
|LinkedInLinkedin provides us analytics and audience matching services related to our sales leads generation and talent recruitment efforts.||lidc (< 1 Days)bscookie (730 Days)bcookie (730 Days)UserMatchHistory (29 Days)AnalyticsSyncHistory (29 Days)li_gc (715 Days)lang (Session)|
|FacebookWe use Facebook’s social audience matching, social media sharing, and ad targeting services.||(Session)_fbp (89 Days)|
How can you control Cookies?
- Using your browser and device settings. Many of the cookies used on our website and through emails can be enabled or disabled through your browser or mobile device. For example, to disable cookies through your browser, follow the instructions usually located within the “Help,” “Tools” or “Edit” menus in your browser. Please note that disabling a cookie or category of cookies does not delete the cookie from your browser unless manually completed through your browser function.
- Industry tools. You can opt-out of online targeted advertising from companies participating in the DAA program through the DAA Consumer Choice page, which is available in versions for desktop and mobile browsers. The DAA also offers a separate choice tool for the collection of cross-app data on mobile devices for online targeted advertising and other applicable uses. You can install the DAA’s AppChoices app. European residents may opt-out of targeted advertising using the IAB Europe opt-out platform. Please note you may continue to receive generic or non-personalized ads even after opting out.